The key to having a successful wedding that will create memories that last a lifetime is the planning that goes into the process. In Oxfordshire you’ll have a plethora of lovely locations in which to have your wedding, but taking care of the small details well in advance of your special day will make all the difference in the joy that you and your guests experience. Let’s take a look at some tips to use for planning the wedding of your dreams.
- One of the first things you should buy is a datebook or calendar where you can keep important notes, contact information, and special dates that include deadlines you’ll need to observe. It’s imperative that you handle as much of the work during the first few months of your engagement so that you can begin to finalise times, dates, and payments as the date draws closer.
- Planning your wedding is going to take time, so be sure to set aside some time each day to deal with venue selection and vendors who will work to make your day a glowing success. Be sure to include your fiancé in the planning so that together you can begin this new chapter of your life on the same page.
- It’s best if you share duties so that you’ll both be involved in the planning of your wedding day. Researching and visiting the wedding venues in Oxfordshire can be an extremely enjoyable part of your planning; one of you can narrow down the options and then both of you can visit the venues to make the final selection.
- Staying organised is a crucial part of planning your wedding. Be sure to take notes as you speak with vendors around Oxfordshire so that you can sit and discuss with your fiancé the best choice for your preferences and needs. Don’t be afraid to ask questions so that there will be no misunderstandings that can create a great deal of stress and frustration.
- Pay close attention to all of the contracts and negotiations that you experience as you plan for your big day. Read the small print, be flexible, but remember that this is your day and you should hold fast to your dreams if they are feasible and affordable. Clarify all details, try to get the best deal for your money, and be sure to honour your payment agreement. You must get everything in writing to protect your interest should any problems arise with the venue, vendors, or other specifications of your ceremony and reception.
Understand that some small things do go wrong at most weddings, but if you have planned carefully, discussed every detail as much as possible, and paid attention to the contracts that you signed, your day should go smoothly, be enjoyable for everyone, and be memorable for you and your new spouse. Get organised quickly, work diligently each day, and relax and celebrate on your special day.