A Masters in Business Administration Degree has been gaining accolades for quite some time now. Though of late, as more and more institutes pop up offering an MBA degree, the value of this course has gone down from what it was years ago. Plus, after recession students and professionals have become very skeptical of leaving their work, to pursue a degree that might or might not land them a better job. However, the truth still remains; if a student manages to get into the top crème-dela-crème of universities – their life is made.
United Kingdom has always been revered as one of the best destinations for both education and business. Opting for a business degree in a country, which is applauded for its corporate structure is definitely worth it. Plus studying in the UK gives the student the opportunity to live and learn among a diverse crowd. Students from all around the world come here, to get the best opportunity at a flourishing career.
Here are a few pointers that the students need to remember while applying to an institute in the UK.
- Universities: UK is one of the prime locations for any prospective MBA aspirant. The top 10 universities that offer business degrees in the country are:
- University of Oxford
- London Business School
- University of Cambridge
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- Imperial College London
- University of Warwick
- University College London
- University of Bristol
- University of Bath
- Lancaster University
- Regular Students from UK VS International Students: Even for regular students, these universities are extremely prestigious and they try their level best to get into one of the top 10. Having said that, because they have citizenship, it is comparatively easier to get in as related to international students. For them, they would have to clear their IELTS or TOEFL and get the required percentage in their undergraduate students. However, in both the categories, students need to achieve a minimum of 600-700 score in the GMAT and have a minimum of 3-5 years of work experience.
- Cost of Studies: In the UK the cost of studying MBA is slightly on the steeper side. For example, in London School of business the tuition fees are about £ 51,360, University of Cambridge is £ 40,500 and at University of Oxford is costs about £ 44,775 for pursuing this degree. Apart from the tuition fees, Students would also have to pay for living, food and travelling expenses.
- Facilities offered by UK universities: These universities not only offer the best of education, but also the facilities. Most of the universities have on campus hostels and dorm room. Where students would be comfortable and would require to travel too much. Along with that students would also find good, cleaning eating joints. Apart from the basic necessities, most campuses have their own clubs and extra-curricular activities; that helps a student to become a well-rounded professional and mingle with a mixed crowd.
- Variety of Specialization: UK has a post graduate MBA in both one year and two year program. These courses are offered in a variety of programs like Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Banking, CSR, European Business, Fashion, Finance, Food and Wine, Logistics, Healthcare, Marketing and many more.
Placements and Future Planning: For students who are from UK, placements and job prospect of working here is pretty high. However, for international students working visa is very difficult to get in countries like UK. Still, if a student manages to get a job while they are studying and completing the degree – they might just be able to live there. But, the truth still remains – Most of the international students have to go back to their own country for work. Even if they do return, the students would be treated like royalty and the pay package would most definitely be beyond compare.