Among the various types of boards that are approved in the country, CBSE has become the preferred choice of many because the pattern that they follow to nurture the students helps in increasing their chances to clear JEE easily. However, this does not mean that all CBSE students will top the merit list; instead; most of them get an edge when they prepare for this exam.
So, the obvious question that may come to your mind is what is so special about CBSE that it produces a large percentage of students who clear JEE every year.
Mentioned below are some of the points which explain why CBSE would be a preferred choice for clearing JEE Main:
- The JEE Main paper is usually based on analytical and reasoning abilities instead of memorizing facts and the same thing is considered in CBSE exams as well. In addition to this, the NCERT books are used for CBSE as well as JEE which gives an added advantage to the students. NCERT books are written by highly qualified professors and lecturers of various prestigious universities in India. The syllabus for Class 11 and 12 in CBSE is approximately identical to the one set for the JEE Main and Advanced.
- Another plus point that CBSE boards offer is that the second language papers are not made compulsory here unlike the other boards. So, you can very well focus on the core subjects of JEE exams such as chemistry, mathematics and physics. Additionally, CBSE is more focused towards science and mathematics with lots of attention paid to application of knowledge.
- A large number of CBSE schools are located in the metropolitan cities and tier 2 cities of the country. Many people from rural areas are migrating to urban areas to give their kids better education. This way the CBSE schools are attracting a lot of meritorious candidates from both rural and urban areas of the country. This has made CBSE a preferred choice for schooling in India.
- Parents with transferable jobs prefer CBSE schools as they can easily get CBSE affiliated schools in every Indian city as well as in other countries; however this is simply not possible with other boards.
- Apart from producing a large number of credible students every year, CBSE schools recruit the best faculties. In fact there are teachers who make a shift from state board run schools to CBSE board school due to the good pay package, job security and other benefits. And good teachers have the ability of churning out the best from the students.
Even though all these above mentioned reasons explain why CBSE is one of the most preferred boards in the country but still it cannot be said that CBSE board is the best compared to others. Selection of engineering students in IIT JEE or top engineering colleges in Mumbai cannot be regarded as the criteria for determining which board is better for students. This is because a school board cannot guarantee that the student will top the merit list; it is actually the hard work of the students and their talent that can help them to succeed. Moreover, it is important for the parents to monitor the overall performance of their children right from the starting no matter in which board he or she is studying. Parents usually think that getting their children enrolled in a good school will automatically help them to become successful in future. But it is not actually the case and this is why you will see that candidates coming out from not so well-known schools are fetching good ranks in the competitive exam.